"I think what profess to be realistic stories for children are far more likely to deceive them than fantasy stories. I never expected the real world to be like the fairy tales. I think that I did expect school to be like school stories. The fantasies did not decieve me: the school stories did."
-- C.S. Lewis, excerpt from "On Three Ways of Writing for Children"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Leave, in Order to Stay
Judgement starts with the Temple of Christ. (1st Peter 4.17) Christ's Bride -- that's us Christians -- are respons...
-
"Many people love the idea of the church as a community. But when we eat together, we encounter not some theoretical community, but re...
-
"Hospitality will lead to "collateral damage". Food will be spilled on your carpet. You'll be left with cleaning up. ...
-
"What is desperately needed, and seldom found in the Church, is an adequate theology of the family of faith. Paul believes that being ...
No comments:
Post a Comment